Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

My sweet 16 His 50th party

So today was supposed to be my sweet 16 party and my dad's surprise birthday party, but since we are in the hospital waiting for the plane to take Josh to Houston we couldn't do it. So my cousins decided to throw a party for us. Earlier in the day, my cousin Lauren was asking weird questions like what kind of cake do you like, who's your favorite artist and what's your favorite color. Then my other cousin Katie walked into the room and as soon as she was in Lauren pulled her out of the room saying "I really need to talk to you!"

I started thinking something was up but I didn't think to say anything about it. Later on they said they were going to the cafeteria for some drinks and they were gone for an hour. Josh thought they got lost so he got up to find them and my mom stopped him saying that he was starting to look pale. Then they came in with the cake and we all ended up having a blast waiting in the hospital room. 





Lauren & Josh

2 comments:

  1. Hey My Beautiful Girl, it's mom, I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that your party did not go off as planned. Thank you for handling the change in our situation with such grace. You have calmly stepped into a new role in your life. You have stood strongly beside us. You have been clear headed when I was not. Somewhere along the line you went from being our baby girl to an amazing young woman who reflects her Heavenly Father. You are wise and discerning. You have fiercely protected your brother. You have given up many things in your life as this illness effects us all, yet you have found the silver lining in it all. You have made some new friends and acclimated far better than I have. You amaze me more than I put into words. I am so, so proud to have you as our daughter! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete